The Bill of Rights
(The first 10 Amendments to the Constitution)
Lesson Objectives: The student will...
• Identify arguments for and against the need for a bill of rights in the U.S. Constitution
• Explain why the Bill of Rights was added to the U.S. Constitution
• Describe how the Bill of Rights addresses limited government
• Relate the arguments over the need for a bill of rights to the wording of the first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution.
• Compare and contrast the fears on both sides of the argument over the need for a bill of rights
Click on the Picture to go to the Bill of Rights Institute
The making of the Bill of Rights